Thursday, July 12, 2007

FinlandMy parents had an exchange student from Finland once. She was awesome. The story of when they went to pick her up is hilarious. As they watched the bus full of 6 feet tall Finnish supermodels unload, among them was one lone goth girl, all of 5'. They got her. She was a little odd, and really quite, but kind of great. I liked hanging out with her way better than I would have liked hanging out with a super-model. She had no filter. She just said things and asked things that were a little inappropriate, but hilarious. "Why are your parents always late everywhere?" "Why do people in America eat so much?" "Why are so many people here fat?"

Well, I think I just found an answer to all of her questions. This post on Chow.com is about Finnish Food...like blood pancakes and pickled herring. Yuck! I think of myself as an adventurous eater, but those things are just nasty. No wonder you are all so thin in Finland and think that we're all fatties...which admittedly many of us are, but we have delicious food, not your nasty vampire pancakes.

This in no way helps to explain why people in Finland are more punctual, but I'm going to keep working on that one.

No comments: