Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The World's Largest Dairy Store
When I was a kid, my aunt Bessie, who is really my mom's aunt, not mine, worked at a dairy. We used to go there to visit her, and my parents/grandparents/whoever took me there, would buy me and my cousin Connie cheese curds. Now, I'm pretty sure that cheese curds are more of a dare than an actual food. I hate them, but everyone else seems to like them. This makes me think that either they have crappy taste, or that they are all just saying they like them in the hopes of someday peer pressuring me into saying that I like them, at which point they will all laugh at me.
This place in CT professes to be the world's largest diary store. I'm sure they have cheese curds.
Dairy and I have a long and sordid history. I'm a touch lactose intolerant. For years I tried to stay away from dairy...but I just love it so much that I couldn't stay away forever. Now I try to do diary in moderation, but I don't think my idea of moderation is the same as the rest of the world's. This has led to a pretty much constant state of bloating and stomach problems which I will continue to blame on stress and spicy food because I am not now, nor will I ever be, ready to give up dairy.
I will go to this store, and I will leave with a bellyache, and some of their home made ice cream...and perhaps even a bag of cheese curds, just so I can reaffirm for the n-teenth time that they really are the grossest thing every to come from that wonderful substance known as milk.

No comments: