Sunday, January 21, 2007

Overconfident...
I'm going to admit that sometimes I become overconfident in the kitchen. I think that I can do no wrong just because it's been a couple of weeks since I set off the smoke alarm or made a batch of inedible cookies...and then the universe has to remind me that I am not infallible, and that yes, even I make mistakes.
So it was this evening when I decided to make potato leak soup without any sort of recipe or guidelines. It seemed simple enough, but what I ended up with was more gerber baby food than anything. It doesn't even taste that good.
Damn me for buying the 10 lb. sack of potatoes at Costco. Why do I think I will ever use them all? What's wrong with me?
Shenanigans.

This picture has nothing to do with my botched soup. It's from Muscle Beach in Venice. It relates not at all to the topic of this post, unless the bodybuilders are laughing at me for cooking without a recipe.
They probably are.
Stupid bodybuilders.

No comments: