Sunday, September 03, 2006

Sucker!

Somone surprised me at work on Friday with these lovely flowers. What a wonderful surprise. Sometimes nice surprises turn out to be bribes. Saturday I agreed with Al that we should start shopping for big screen T.V.'s. This agreement was clearly the result of the skid-greasing done by those flowers. Damn it! I am such a sucker.
Thankfully, our search for a big screen took us to Costco...land of wonderful frozen yogurt. Frozen yogurt, or "fro-yo" as the cool kids like to call it, is something of an obsession of mine. I am in love with it. It is easily the most justifiable treat, as most forms of fro-yo tout themselves as "fat-free" or "sugar-free" or "low-carb." My suspicion is that, like they proved on Seinfeld, most of these claims are false, but as long as the signs that claim these things still stand, then I can claim ignorance.
I am always in search of the perfect fro-yo texture. Some are too icy, some are too runny. Very few places can capture the perfectly lightly whipped texture that I believe fro-yo was meant to have. My brother and I once had a 30 minute conversation about perfect fro-yo texture. We concluded that any two people who could talk for so long about fro-yo were clearly fatties.
Costco has achieved perfect fro-yo texture. While Al was distracted by the big-screens I seized the opportunity to eat a big cup of it all by myself. Who's the sucker now?????

No comments: