Wednesday, October 17, 2007

AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I skipped a holiday. And not just any holiday....my favorite holiday. What have I done? I wrote about Thanksgiving before I even mentioned Halloween. Shame on me.
I have to go straight home today and make something with pumpkin.
My friend Jamie's mom used to make these little biscuit cups filled with what I can only describe as sloppy joe mix. Then she would cut a slice of American cheese into a circle and cut out a little jack-o-lantern face in the cheese and put it on top of the stuffed biscuit cup. It was the best.
I tried to re-create this Halloween magic by making this for my family one year. I'm still not quite sure what went wrong...or if sloppy joe mix, cheap cheese, and buttery biscuit dough were never meant to be mixed, but I'm pretty sure I gave my brother dissentary.
He kind of looked like the poor pumpkin on the right:


And I am the pumpkin on the left, laughing..."ha ha, I poisoned my brother."

No comments: