Monday, September 18, 2006

Khan I have some more?

It sucks to grow up in a semi-small suburb just 45 minutes north of Hollywood. It's like having fun so close, but just out of your reach. Any good Camarillo parent won't let their kid go to "the city" that often...and if they let you go, they never let you go at night. Living just outside LA is like being "almost cool." After junior college, I vowed to never live there again. Now I only want to live in the places that sounded glamorous to me as a child, but which turn out to not actually be that glamarous.
I will say one thing for Camarillo, they have two things that are better there than anywhere else...sushi and Mongolian BBQ. How can it be? I don't know. It's a mystery. There are plenty of other sushi and Mongolian BBQ places in the world, but it seems like the ones I grew up next to happen to be the best. This could just be a silly sentimental thing.
On a recent trip to visit my parents I demanded that we go BBQ it. It was delicious.

No comments: