Sunday, July 23, 2006

Here Comes Trouble

Clearly these ladies are trouble...all but the one in red (that's me, and I'm a sweetheart). These are my best friends, Susan, Karen, and Robin. Robin is the brunette. Susan and Karen are the blonde twins.
This picture was taken at my birthday last year. Since then Susan has moved to Ireland to live with her boyfriend Brian. They were here for a visit last week, so I volunteered to make dinner for everyone.
"Just bring wine guys." Of course, they forgot the wine. Shenanigans.
I made french bread, roasted cauliflour (from 28 Cooks), a sort of osso-bucco dish with orzo, and an Irish Cream cake for desert.

In honor of Ireland, here is the recipe for the Irish Cream cake:
Bailey’s Irish Cream Cake

1 pkg cake mix, yellow
4 ounces pudding mix, instant chocolate
3/4 cups oil
1/8 cup water
1/4 cup vodka
3/8 cups irish cream liqueur
4 each eggs
Directions
Combine cake mix, pudding mix, oil, water, vodka, liqueur and eggs in bowl. Beat until smooth. Pour into greased and floured 10 inch Bundt pan. Bake at 350 F 40 to 50 minutes or until done. Remove from pan and cool completely. Mix a glaze of Bailey's and powdered sugar to a thick consistency and drizzle over cake.

I didn't take any pictures of the food, but I did take pictures of the aftermath.



Stupid entertaining.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Really amazing! Useful information. All the best.
»