Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ha! I'm living longer than everyone!
Al send me this article today from NY Magazine about why New Yorkers live longer than the rest of the country...9 months longer to be exact.
HA! Take that rest of the country! We totally rock. We're a fast-walking, long-living bunch of people. Granted I've only lived here for about 7 months, but still, I'm a New Yorker.
Sometimes when I'm walking somewhere and there's a really slow person, or slow bunch of people in front of me, I take the first opportunity to blow past them and in my mind I shout, "tourists!"
When I got off the plane in Salt Lake to see my family, you should have seen how slow people were moving. It was very upsetting. I had to clench my fists and take deep breaths and try to remember that I wasn't in NY anymore. Granted, that level of annoyance probably isn't doing my health any good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Actually, I think your time in LA may have been detrimental to your life span though. By my estimates, if you live in NY the rest of your life, maybe, just maybe, you can break even with the rest of us.

-IM

Rachael Narins said...

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I really do plan on responding to the meme you tagged me for...its just gonna take a bit longer for me to get to it!

Cheers!
Rachael

:-)