Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Five PointsLast night Jeff (my boss), Danielle (my co-worker/neighbor) and I went to dinner with our totally awesome and fantastic friends from Broadway video.
We ate at Five Points on Great Jones Street and it was pretty fantastic.
We started with oysters and mussels that were melt-in-your-mouth fantastic. Then I had the beet and goat cheese salad, delicious. The bread was fantastic, the butter was sweet.
For my entree I ordered the porgy. It came with applewood smoked bacon and spinach (although the menu said broccoli rabe, but I wasn't about to complain). Here's a link to a little more info about porgy. Another person at the table also ordered the porgy, and we both found surprisingly few bones. Usually I'm against fish with bones...but how often do I get the chance to order porgy?
Jeff ordered the duck confit, and having proclaimed myself as a foodie, he asked me what confit actually means. I wasn't 100% positive, and that made me a little ashamed. I went straight home and looked it up (here is the link). Since it basically means "cooked in it's own fat and juices" I'm kind of sorry that I did, but oh well.
For desert I ordered the chocolate brioche bread pudding with salted caramel ice cream. If there were words to describe the overwhelming deliciousness of it, I would write them here, but there just aren't.

No comments: