Thursday, March 22, 2007

Attention ladies and gentlemen : Kitchen Shenanigans is being repurposed. For the next few weeks I will document my transition into becoming a New Yorker.
I don't have any pictures yet, but never fear, soon I will.

I work in the Radio Wave building on 27th Street. It's in an area that is basically the Santee Alley of New York. In this little area you can find any designer knock-offs you could ever want, not to mention big hoop earrings with your name written in cursive through the middle. It's some hot stuff, and by hot I mean probably stolen.

There is a Starbucks across the street, which makes me feel like I'm back home in LA, but I long for a Dunkin Donuts in walking distance. Yesterday they had free iced coffee day and I missed it. I haven't found the one closest to me yet, but I will, oh yes, I will.

The people I work with are awesome. Yesterday they took me to opening day at Shake Shack. It was pretty fantastic. I did have to ask what a concrete was. Apparently it's just a really thick shake. Oh, the things we don't have on the West Coast.

Last night Rachel and I went to dinner at Boca Chica. It was delicious.

I really love it here. I love the subway, I love the weather, I love it!!!!!!

No comments: